Re: Preferred method to set up your development environment

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 17:41:03 +0100, Martin Swientek <lists swientek org> wrote:

I've got a problem to connect to a webdav account using nautilus. I want
to take this as an opportunity to start digging into the code and trying
to find out what's going wrong. And maybe I can contribute something to
the Gnome development as I've enjoyed using Gnome for some time now.

welcome aboard.
Nautilus uses gnome-vfs for connecting to webdav. It does the actual work.

So I'm wondering, what's your preferred method to setup your development
environment? Do you use a stable Gnome system delivered and maintained
by your distribution like I did? Or do you use a complete Gnome
development version like 2.17.xx?

I believe you should be using the development version if you want to contribute.
However, this is not compulsory, I think.

--
Christian Kirbach
Christian Kirbach siemens com