Re: Feature request for nautilus/desktop navigation

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 02:59 +0200, Błażej Ślusarek wrote:
> Hmm, for me it's only a matter of opening a new nautilus window and
> maximizing it. Doing so, You utilize whole desktop space, You get the
> 'Computer' and 'Desktop' icons, You can have separate navigation per
> workspace, plus You get e.g. the location bar, different icon view,
> etc.. And it takes just one click more:)

Yes, except that it's still a normal window: it appears in my task list,
adds another thing to alt-tab through, if I click an icon on it, it will
be moved in front of all the other windows on the desktop, etc.  This is
*exactly* what I want to avoid.

Years ago, it was common for X applications to have a --use-root (or
similar) option which allowed them to be displayed in the root window.
If nautilus had such an option, then your idea would be suitable.

Regards,
Cliff