Custom icons from script

Can someone please advise me as to how I can automate setting custom icons for a series of folders? I would like to do this from a shell/python/perl/etc script. I have about 200 folders all with images in them named as "Folder Name.jpg". I have tried to explore Bonobo as it appears this is how Nautilus manages the metadata, but I am having trouble finding documentation on Bonobo, as well as an API reference for the methods I need to use once I actually make contact with the Bonobo control. I am hoping someone here can help me get started on the correct path because I feel utterly lost at the moment.

Thanks,
Andrew