Re: reply oops!

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 21:01 -0400, Michael Klinosky wrote:
> guenther wrote:
> > Please keep list posts on list, either by replying to list or all.
>
> hmmm ... yes. I see the problem - this list doesn't set the Reply-to:
> (in the header). So, of course it goes to From:.
>
> I'm on several other maillists (various topics), and don't have this
> problem.
It is a holy war if the list should set the reply-to or not ;)
Half of the people say that it should, the other half that it shouldn't.
IMHO the list should not set the reply-to.
If I want to reply to author I just click "Reply".
If I want to reply to list I click "Reply To List".
If I want to reply to list and the author I click "Reply To All".

Below you have the pros and cons:

http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

As you see there is no simple answer to the problem :))

Regards,

Olaf
--
Olaf Frączyk <olaf cbk poznan pl>