Nautilus location bar

Some time ago i mentioned, that when I want manually enter a path in
nautilus (Ctrl + L), and path is relative to current folder i.e
in $HOME I want to go to ".icons", so I simply type ".icons" & expect to
enter $HOME/.icons. But instead I get, that "/.icons" is wrong path.
And even when I enter "./.icons" I get the same result.

I've looked into nautilus code and found, that It has nothing to do with
nautilus itslef, it's gnome_vfs_make_uri_from_input

Commit, which has introduced this behaviour:
2006-02-27  Alexander Larsson  <alexl redhat com>

* libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-utils.c
  (gnome_vfs_make_uri_from_input_internal):
  Prepend file:///, not file:// for strings that doesn't start
  with a slash. Fixes #329781

I've tried to replace gnome_vfs_make_uri_from_input with
gnome_vfs_make_uri_from_input_with_dirs(...,
GNOME_VFS_MAKE_URI_DIR_CURRENT) (only in src/nautilus-location-bar.c)
but it's not suitable for autocomplete feature (whitespaces at the end)
& it always fallback to $HOME as current directory, so it's a bad fix.
It seems that g_get_current_dir() always returns $HOME

I tried to find similar bug in bugzilla, but failed. If there is any,
I'll add my comment, if not -- create new