Re: Suggestion: The option to open a folder in a New Tab instead of a New Window.

Hmm. Ok. I don't understand programming all that well, but can often enough trace my way through source code. No promises, I'm a full time student, a factory worker, webmaster and have to help with my elderly parents. Sounds interesting though.

What would the main problems be with the tabs? Aesthetics isn't an issue, it looks fine in pcmanfm which has a fairly similar layout. What are the differences code-wise between running several windows and running several tabs?

Technically it should be possible to utilize most of the code from elsewhere in the gnome project or other open source at least and perhaps introduce it firstly as a plugin if possible. From what you say though it may have to be more than a plugin, but introduced at build time.

Yours,

dov

Problems include:
* How would tabbed browsing interact with the current spatial and browser interfaces? * The lack of anyone who wants the feature being willing to write the code for it. This is the big stumbling block, especially as earlier discussions seem to indicate that this would be non-trivial to implement and require significant architectural changes internally within Nautilus.