Re: howto show user_visible volume only in computer:/// and not on desktop

Hello Dominik.

> In particular I'd like my partitions to show up just the way the root
> partition (Filesystem icon) does - that is just in Computer and the Places
> sidebar. I don't care about ice-cream though...
>
> Can that be accomplished without patching and recompiling?

All you have to do is to make sure that the corresponding partition/drive is
mounted with the „user“ option. (I don’t know if this is the same for „users“)

And if you want a descriptive name for that partition/drive you have to give it
a label. (For ext2/3 via tune2fs for example.)

HTH

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules