Re: Proposal for making Nautilus more accessible, usable and easy to general users with beautification
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: Ravi Kumar <ra21vi gmail com>
- Cc: nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Proposal for making Nautilus more accessible, usable and easy to general users with beautification
- Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:23:55 -0500
On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 14:50 +0530, Ravi Kumar wrote:
> When opening /usr/bin , it takes considerably long time... why? I
This is a silly bug in xdg-mime. Since none of the files in /usr/bin
have an extension, xdg-mime tries to sniff each one of them to figure
out the MIME type. It should look in the struct stat and see that they
are executable; then it can automatically say "this is an executable".
This won't give you exact icons for executable shell scripts and such,
but you don't need those anyway. You just care that double-clicking on
the file will execute it.
] [Thread Prev