Re: Logging user actions, updated

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 09:19 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> Shouldn't that be ~/.nautilus-debug-log.conf? (i.e. hidden)

I'm more or less ambivalent on it.  I guess the advantage of being shown
is that you'll see it next to the unhidden nautilus-debug-log.txt on
your home dir, and remember "oh, I *have* logging enabled".  It's not
supposed to live there all the time, just while you are debugging
something.

> > One thing I'd really like, but have no idea how to do it, is to dump the
> > bug-buddy stack traces directly in the debug log.  Right now asking
> > users to "please send me the stack trace, ~/nautilus-debug-log.txt and
> > ~/.xsession-errors" is quite cumbersome :)
>
> I recently wrote a patch for bug-buddy that adds the last 15 lines
> of .xsession-errors into the bugreport. That is quite useful, as you see
> all the g_errors/g_warnings, etc that happened before the crash.
>
> Maybe we can add some sort of per-module script to add more bug-buddy
> info, say by specifying something in the desktop file.

That's a really nice idea.  Maybe something like
"X-bugbuddy-script-to-collect-extra-info = nautilus-collect-debug-log-helper.sh"?

  Federico