Re: Trash Problems

Hi Luca,

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 17:19 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> 4) The only interaction of trashapplet with trash in on its tooltip and
> honestry it seems to me [1] that it's using only ~/.Trash

No, the trash applet monitors all the trash directories, by cutting and
pasting the trash monitor widget (see the
trashapplet/src/trash-monitor.[ch] files in gnome-applet CVS).

The trash-applet should really either be moved inside the nautilus
source tree, or nautilus should export the Trash monitor object to allow
other applications to safely move stuff in the trash using nautilus as a
proxy (I'd far better support this latter option).

> [1]
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-applets/+bug/44216/

Might be a bug of the trash-monitor.[ch].

I haven't really looked at the trash applet (my bad, my bad) in a while,
after it got merged with gnome-applets; I didn't have a CVS account back
then.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--