Re: Trash Problems

Il giorno gio, 11/05/2006 alle 09.29 -0500, Travis Watkins ha scritto:
> On 5/11/06, David M. Carney <carney1979 gmail com> wrote:
> > Travis,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > Perhaps I'm using the wrong list??
> >
> > My trash applet on my panel thinks my trash is on my USB stick. Nautilus
> > does use ~/.Trash. My mistake.
> >
> > Got any ideas how to make my trash applet use ~/.Trash instead of my USB
> > stick?
> >
> > David
> >

> Moving back to list. I don't know, sorry.

Try to remove your  ~/.Trash directory, it will be recreated, mayby
fixing some weird permissions (BTW versions??)

PS:

1) When you "move to trash" a file or a folder inside your home
directory with Nautilus, the file or the folder is moved to ~/.Thrash
hidden directory (by GnomeVfs)

2) When you "move to trash" a file or a foldler on a removable device
(suck as USB stick) with Nautilus, the file or the folder is moved the
a .Trash hidden directory in the toplevel directory of removable volume
(i.e. on /media/usbdisk/.Trash/) (by GnomeVfs)

3) When you open or look the trash:// location with Nautilus, you will
see files in ~/.Trash directory and in all .Trash directories on mounted
removable devices (by GnomeVfs)

4) When you unmount removable devices, the trash:// contents is
collected only by ~/.Trash content (by GnomeVfs)

4) The only interaction of trashapplet with trash in on its tooltip and
honestry it seems to me [1] that it's using only ~/.Trash

PPS this is developers list ;-)

[1]
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-applets/+bug/44216/