Re: Trash Problems

On 5/11/06, David M. Carney <carney1979 gmail com> wrote:
I just joined the list and I hope this hasn't been asked a bazillion times.

For some strange reason Nautilus thinks my trash is on my USB stick
instead of ~/.Trash.

How do I change this so Nautilus will use ~/.Trash?

David

It would be rather slow to copy from the USB stick to ~/.Trash so
things you Move to Trash on an external device (USB Stick, Portable
HD) are stored in a .Trash dir on that device. Also, this way you can
plug the stick into another machine and still restore things from the
trash.

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com