Re: New permissions page

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 08:21 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- nautilus-list-request gnome org wrote:
> >    2. New permissions page (Alexander Larsson)
> >
> > I just commited a rework of the permissions page in
> > the file property
> > dialog. It has a simplified UI (and an
> > advanced/unixy version availible
> > via a gconf setting) and support for recursive
> > permission changes.
>
> Is this the result of the discussion the usability
> list had a few months ago?

I didn't follow that. Its rather a result of discussions on this list
and various discussions in blog postings by Manny.

> Could you send me a screenshot so I can update the
> user guide please?

I've attached some simple screenshots of the simple and the advanced
mode, showing a single file selected and a single folder selected.

Of course, I'm not sure things will look identical in the final version,
since we might change details when we get some feedback.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a war-weary amnesiac shaman She's a foxy tomboy queen of the dead with a
song in her heart and a spring in her step. They fight crime!