Re: launch nautilus

On Sam, 2006-01-07 at 16:17 +0000, Nelson Benítez wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just compiled nautilus-2.13.3 , but when launching src/nautilus it
> opens my system-wide nautilus (2.12.2) instead of the compiled one, I
> badly remember a message about an env variable to control this
> situation, does anybody know how to do it ?

You first have to terminate the system-wide nautilus as normally only
one nautilus instance can be running at the same time. To terminate
nautilus you can remove it from the Current Session in
Desktop->Preferences->Sessions.

Then you should use NAUTILUS_DEBUG=1 or at least unset SESSION_MANAGER
to stop the development version from being restarted on exit.

HTH,

Jürg

--
Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch>