Re: nautilus-list Digest, Vol 24, Issue 15

> >> As I said, this is so simple a 2 year old child
> could do it, yet
> >> seems to stump grown-up.

That's so often the case... ;)

> It's the step between
> the first screenshot
> >> and the second that has me completely baffled (if
> not downright
> >> batty). How do I copy all the files to ///burn,
> when ///burn changes
> >> to something else.

What do you mean by that? Changes to what?

> Could you please guide me step
> by step, using my
> >> screenshots as to what to expect and how to do
> this.

Have you tried looking at the GNOME user guide?
If you did, and that was not helpful, could you point
out the parts of it that were unclear or unhelpful, so
I can try to improve it?

> > It looks like you dropped the files in the
> location bar (where "burn://"
> > is written) instead of dropping them in the big
> white rectangle
> > underneath.
>

> That's worth noting if that's the case - maybe the
> drop target needs to be
> made even clearer. Maybe a "Drop files here"
> background or something.

I think that would be overkill.
The burn:/// is basically a magic folder.
You put things into the burn folder, and then you burn
the CD or DVD.
The thing already looks like a folder, so we really
don't need to say 'put stuff here'.
And in the default spatial view, there's no location
bar anyway.

Joachim

Introducing the new Yahoo! Answers Beta ? A new place to get answers to your questions ? Try it http://uk.answers.yahoo.com