Re: always_use_location_bar

You are right.

The thing is that it's very hard to decide what preferences to put in
the GUI and what in gconf only.  It's the same like spatial nautilus
back in the day, but that was a very big change for the end user.

The idea here is to try everything before considering to put a new
preference in the GUI.  Even better, the idea is always to remove
preferences from the GUI.

What I am going to describe is probably a good compromise:
Hitting Ctrl + l should leave the location bar permanently with a close
button so that the user can hide/close it when it's not needed any more.
May be Ctrl + l should be a toggle so that you can hide it and unhide it
quickly and that way the close button wouldn't be needed.

May be it's not a very bad idea, what do all of you think?

-William