Re: Add "Skip All" button in copy/move conflict dialog

> On Fr, 2005-08-05 at 19:42 +0200, Christian Neumair
> wrote:
> > Am Freitag, den 05.08.2005, 01:37 +0200 schrieb
> Guillaume Desmottes:

> > All of us agree that the current solution is
> suboptimal. here are
> > fundamental discussions on the usability list
> about the future of this
> > dialog [1,2].

> No consense was reached on the whole file
> transferring UI. Alex, do you
> agree that this patch can be committed to HEAD?

I think the best thing to do is tackle this in two
steps:
1. in the short term, improve the current dialog: add
basic file comparison information (date and sizes),
and have buttons for cancel, skip, OK. This at least
brings us on a par with other file managers. There are
some good mockups for this on bugzilla.
2. in the longer term, look at better solutions for
handling all conflicts in one dialog. Implementing
step 1 gives us more time to really work on getting
this right.

I will reopen the discussion on the usability list as
regards step 2 next week.

Joachim