Nautilus should ignore the +x bit

Hi,

I'd like to request that Nautilus be modified to run shell scripts even if
they don't have the +x bit. There are two parts to the rationale:

1) The +x bit adds no security. It can be trivially bypassed by simply
   enabling it in the UI, or by copy/pasting something into the command
   line. Once the user has made a decision to run a program, the desktop
   should not make people jump through arbitrary hoops, it should just do
   it

2) More pragmatically, Codeweavers is getting more and more users who
   file support tickets along the lines of "I bought your product but
   nothing happens when I click the installer!". A few years ago we got
   one of these maybe every few months and they were just a curiosity,
   but as Linux has become easier to use we're getting many more
   non-technical users (yay!) to whom UNIX foibles like the +x bit are
   alien. Sanding off this usability rough edge would reduce our workload
   a bit.

Here are some common objections so I can try and swat them before things
turn into a full-on flamewar :)

Q: "The +x bit is the UNIX standard security system, we shouldn't ignore
   it"