Re: Global templates

Hello Daniel,

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Daniel Borgmann wrote:

>  instance Abiword is installed, all users get a 'Abiword document' item
>  under their right mouse button.

 But that's exactly what will cause the menu to contain dozens of
 entries in no time!

No, like I said, I think we should trust distributors to use such a feature responsibly. That is: in the default configuration, the templates menu should contain not more than about five, carefully picked, items. If you don't trust distributors to do that, put a hard limit on the total number of global templates. But I'm convinced that purposely leaving out the feature is the wrong approach here.

 extension), but listing every possible document type in the templates
 menu is certainly not the best way to do that.

Yes, we agree about that, and that's certainly not what I'm arguing for.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen