Re: Filesystem - My Computer 2.8.1

Am Mittwoch, den 10.08.2005, 15:25 -0500 schrieb Tig Kerkman:
> Nautilus 2.81
>
> Some time ago I remember reading there was a way to lock the user from
> seeing FileSystem or My Computer in Nautilus??
>
> I would like to keep the Users in their own departments folders and
> not be able to browse the system.   Can someone point me to where I
> might find how to do this??

I don't think you can just "lock" users away from particular URIs. They
can always press ctrl-l and bring up "file:///" etc. If you just want to
remove references to these URIs from the UI, you'll have to recompile
some packages, editing their source files. In particular

a) set the gconf key /apps/nautilus/desktop/computer_icon_visible to
FALSE
b) edit the gnome-panel source and remove the nautilus-computer.desktop
code from
gnome-panel/panel-menu-items.c:panel_place_menu_item_create_menu
c) remove <menuitem name="Computer" action="Go to Computer"/>
from /usr/share/nautilus/ui/nautilus-navigation-window-ui.xml
and /usr/share/nautilus/ui/nautilus-spatial-window-ui.xml
d) remove
fm_tree_model_add_root_uri (view->details->child_model, "file:///",
_("File System"), "gnome-fs-directory", NULL);
from src/file-manager/fm-tree-view.c:create_tree

I probably forgot/overlooked something.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>