Re: Spatial Mode Window Cluttering and Possible Solutions
- From: Matthew Thomas <mpt myrealbox com>
- To: nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Spatial Mode Window Cluttering and Possible Solutions
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:59:37 +1200
Michael Favia wrote:
Extra spatial window flotsam that occurs on your way to /foo/bar/baz
(namely "foo" and "bar").
1. Shift navigate. Automatically closes parents as you descend. Less
than optimum to make users hold hotkeys to perform the arguably most
2. Close all parent folders. Automatically closes all folders above your
destination. (retroactively fixes a problem that need not exist)
3. Implement tabbed browsing. (Description below)
4. Once I've opened foo, let me choose "View" > "as Browser" to turn it
into a browser window, and to let Nautilus know that I'll want that
folder as a browser window whenever I open it in the future.
If this was implemented, the "Always open in browser windows" option,
the "Browse Folder" command, and the "File Browser" application could
all be removed, simplifying the interface. Once I'd set "Computer" and
my home folder to "as Browser", I wouldn't need to use any special menu
items or commands to open them as browsers any more; I could just open
them normally and Nautilus would Do The Right Thing.
] [Thread Prev