Re: Better looking thumbnails

On 4/14/05, Jaap Haitsma <jaap haitsma org> wrote:
> Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> Problem I see is that the thumbnails are currently saved with a frame in
> the ~\.thumbnail. So while your proposal might look good in nautilus, it
> maybe doesn't in other applications that uses these thumbnails.
>
> Maybe thumbnails should never be saved with frames and every application
> should just add the ones it finds appropriate.

The thumbnails are saved without frames in current versions of nautilus.
Try replacing /usr/share/pixmaps/thumbnail_frame.png.

Now that the old theme support is gone, are there any plans to support
themeing the thumbnail frame to fit the icon theme in the future?
Andreas' thumbnail frames are cool, but they'd look a little flimsy with
the Gorilla icon theme.

pHilipp