Searching in a directory

I'm planning to implement the following: a search entry that work like the search entry in the epiphany history, this is: as you type it will filter the results that contain the written letters in any place of the file name. I'm planning to add this in an area just below the menu bar of the spatial windows.

Note that this would only search the files that match in the current directory.

What do you think? would it be useful? would such a feature be accepted in nautilus?

Diego