Re: DragNDrop to an unopened folder (without springs) and a nice accessibility side-effect

On Apr 4, 2005 2:19 PM, Ryan McDougall <NQG24419 nifty com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 12:48 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> > Esc is nice, but tell that to the helpdesk worker who answers "press
> > esc" for the nth time when someone calls and says "how do I get rid of
> > this thing that follows my mouse?" (discoverability).
>
> Consider the fact that the visible clipboard is a *feature* that lets
> people know they are carrying around a selection they never dropped.

Yes, but my point was how do they know how to get rid of them?

> Are
> you surprised by the fact that the car keys you are carrying haven't
> disappeared from your pocket?

No, but I'll be more than surprised if they stick to my hand after 3
seconds of holding them, without an obvius way to shake them off.

> Also consider that the "Movable Clipboard" doesn't otherwise affect
> Nautilus by definition, so no special harm can be done by carrying
> around the icon.

Will it be replaced by the next drag or do I have ten of them at the
end of each day?

> > I thought you said that there would be one.
> You misunderstood me, the popup dialogue is unneeded so should not be
> there. It should work exactly as Ctrl-V.

Ok, if you say so. I just thought you were pretty clear that nautilus
would ask the user, but what the heck. :)

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi