Re: Problems with smb:///

Alexander Larsson wrote:
On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 10:06 -0400, Steve Blackwell wrote:

Hello,

I tried sending this message to both the samba list and the general fedora list but got no response from either (other than 1 person on the fedora list
saying he had the same problem) so I am trying here.

Hi,

I'n using the nautilus file browser in a GNOME desktop environment on a FC2
system.

If I enter smb:/// in the location bar in nautilus I can see the network but whenever I try to look at the shares on a computer I get a message saying that
I do not have permissions to view the contents.

Don't you get a dialog where you get to enter username and password?

btw.
what is the 'official' status of nautilus (gnome-vfs?) samba support?

works fine?

i'm asking because honestly it never worked correctly for me. from time to time thru gnome-2.2-gnome-2.8 i try it, have problems with it and then go back to smbmount/smbumount.
so if the 'official' opinion is that it is usable (or it should be usable),
i'll start to file bugreports....

thanks,
gabor