Re: spatial nautilus proposal

Elia Cogodi wrote:
Couldn't the contextual menu of available operations on "this" folder
as seen in parent be added to the contextual menu we get on windows'
empty space (to be clear, the one with "create folder" and "create document" etc). It could be the very first entry: "this folder ->", as a submenu and maybe showing "this folder"'s icon. Some voices (like "open") should be disabled, but most apply. I add a hastily
slapped-together mockup.

That would certainly address menus. Though my favorite part (lost in my verbosity :-)) was that you could use the icon as a proxy. Very nice for drag 'n' drop operations.

- John