Re: Large changes ahead... MERGED!

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 10:57 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Today I'm gonna create a new branch from HEAD, and on that branch there
> is gonna be some large changes to the core of Nautilus to remove the
> usage of bonobo for views and to remove the dependency on BonoboUI for
> the user interface (we'll be using GtkUIManager instead).
>
> In the comming weeks I'll be mainly working on this branch, and I won't
> be very responsive on the lists, on irc, etc. But, if you want to work
> on Nautilus, just keep going as usual posting patches and whatnot,
> eventually I'll finish and get back to replying to you.
>
> The first thing I'm gonna work on is replacing the corba NautilusView
> interface, so if there is something you shouldn't be working on at the
> moment, that would be it.

The bonobo-slay-branch has now been merged into HEAD. The new code
depends on Gtk+ 2.5.x and the latest cvs version of eel.

The new code has all the features it had before, it looks and works
basically identically. It seems to work well, but its likely that there
are some new bugs.

I'd appreciate if people tried it out and reported any regressions since
before the merge. If you find any obvious regressions, please let us
know. (And if you file a bug about such a regression, please also send a
mail to nautilus-list. Its easy to miss it in the bugzilla spam, and I'd
like to fix the regressions as soon as possible.)

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an immortal white trash dwarf on the edge. She's a man-hating hip-hop
safe cracker prone to fits of savage, blood-crazed rage. They fight crime!