Re: some suggests

> > - virtual folders (in case search engine integrate), for example when
> > I search for "*.jpg" I would bookmarks the results! and needs a way to
> > update the results!
> A agree, especially with the tabs! I don't understand you request for
> virtual folders yes, and I'd put the search function if one is

The virtual folders would be like in evolution or outlook, basically a
"live" search, stored in a folder.  IE: You could have a folder
containing 'all mp3s by U2' or 'all graphics in my home directory', and
they would contain what you'd get with "find . -iname "*u2*" and "find .
-iname "*.[jpg|gif|png|bmp]" or something like that.

This is basically what Longhorns WinFS is aiming at as well as the gnome
'storage' program (no idea if it's dead or not) and no doubt a couple of
other systems out there.  I'm not sure if this is reasonable to do
without the sql backend, because depending on how deep your search
criteria goes (ie: are you looking at ID3 tags and metadata) and how
many files you're looking at, performance could be completely horrible.
However, simple filename searches could be potentially useful with
reasonable performance.  Maybe :)

My $0.02

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"up 12 days, 22:30, 2 users, load averages: 993.20, 994.21, 994.56