Re: Thumbnail size causing moving targets

Alexander Larsson wrote:
On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 20:29, Steven Garrity wrote:
Has there been any consideration for a fixed thumbnail area that is the same size as the "generating thumbnail" icon, as in Windows XP, so the folder contents don't move as thumbnails are generated?

I don't think there has been any discussion of this. However, having the
"generating thumbnail" icon be the same size as a thumbnail sounds
pretty nice.

Do all thumbnails generated by Nautilus take up the same amount of space?

If so, perhaps we could just float the current "generating thumbnail" icon in the middle of an area of that size.

Steven Garrity