Re: HIGfining nautilus-cd-burner alerts

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 07:42, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> No title, of course, but it's better read the HIG draft too ;-)
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig_new/windows-alert.html

FWIW, if we do end up deciding in the next version of the HIG that
alerts should have visible titles after all, I think we're more likely
to recommend something like "Alert - <application name>" rather than any
restatement of the alert text.  Gnopernicus already reads out the full
text of any alert window that you focus, so a title is only really
needed to distinguish between any alerts that appear on the window list
or Alt-tab popup-- which few if any currently do.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group