Re: Problem with spaces in filenames

On Fri, 14 May 2004 13:39:37 +0200
Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn ant uni-bremen de> wrote:

[...]
> I used gimp simply as an example. Actually i want to resize images with
> ImageMagick simply by dropping them onto the launcher.
>
> Ok, i will wait then until Nautilus-2.6 becomes stable on getoo.
[...]

You can do this by using the nautilus-script-engine. Create a small
script which does your action and add their an entry, which
replaces %20 with " " and then gimp and the other stuff should
work.

Example:
#!/bin/bash
FILES=$(echo ${NAUTILUS_I_FORGET_THE_NAME_OF_THE_VAR} | sed s/"%20"/" "/g)
gimp-remote -n ${FILES}

Greetings
Lars Strojny
--
"An emancipated society, on the other hand, would not be
 a unitary state, but the realization of universality in

name: Lars Strojny         web: http://strojny.net
street: Yorckstrasse 22    jabber: sinistra amessage de
city: D-71636 Ludwigsburg  mail: lars strojny net
f-print: 6663 1055 543E 3106 3FD3  4F40 AC74 CD1F C327 14BD
weblog: http://sinistra.is-a-geek.net/l_blog