Re: Bugzilla spring cleaning

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 17:49 +0300, Enver ALTIN wrote:
> Merhaba,
>
> On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 10:24 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 16:25 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > > Also, we have been talking to luis about creating some sort of SQL query
> > > to mass-close nautilus bugs for old versions that have not been touched
> > > in a while.
> > Anyone who has ideas on that is welcome to contribute metrics :) I won't
> > have time to actually do this until at least Monday or Tuesday, though.
>
> A single SQL query is not a good thing, because people who opened that
> bug won't receive a notification from Bugzilla.
>
> I don't think this is good. People who filed reports will try to check
> if their bug is still valid and hopefully reopen it if it's still there.
>
> What about adding a Bugzilla-compatible mass-closing
> stolen-from-CGI-code thing, which is responsive for adding comments and
> closing bugs?
>
> Well, it could even run remotely, no need to run it on b.g.o server.
>
> I have little to no experience with Perl, but I could do this with PHP,
> I believe. What do you think about it?

The problem here is that many of the queries we'd need to do are
probably not doable from the web interface- you need raw SQL access,
really. I have a script that can run an SQL query on the box and add
comments ATM; shouldn't be too hard to make that close the bug as well.
that was my plan at any rate :) You're welcome to poke at what is in
bugzilla cvs (bugzilla-new in cvs.gnome.org) and come up with something
while I'm busy, though- would definitely be appreciated.

Luis