Re: Adding icons to new Nautilus functions

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 21:09, Adriano Del Vigna de Almeida wrote:
> Hello there,
> Me and my colleague are adding new functionalities to the Nautilus
> Toolbar. But we have to add also new icons to them. And none on the
> default GNOME or GTK  stock icons fits.
> At first we tried to create an iconrc file (for GTK) to substitute,
> i.e., hardly include a new icon to the theme, but it didn't work.
> After, modifying nautilus-shell-ui.xml we pointed directly to the new
> icons file at the:
> pixtype="pixbuf" pixname="copy_file_to.png"
> pair of tag. Neither with full path name, or after copying
> copy_file_to.png to the location of the stock icons, worked too.
> How to solve this problem? Do we have to add a new icon set to GTK?
> GNOME? Or exists an easy work around?
> Thanks for the attention!!

You'd do something like:
	  pixtype="stock" pixname="gnome-fs-client"

and this will use a themed icon named gnome-fs-client. In gtk 2.2 and
earlier this has to be done with gtkrc files, but in 2.3 this uses the
freedesktop icon theme standard.

He's a Nobel prize-winning sweet-toothed rock star for the 21st century. She's
a mistrustful extravagent nun from out of town. They fight crime!