Re: Nautilus as File Chooser

Hello.

Thanks for comments. I agree with your point of view, the UI should be
changed. I personally prefer the idea, that all setting should be removed
from UI, only default settings of nautilus should be used. Also I like to see
location bar in the bottom, while navigation bar located in the top of
dialog. Button for editing and dialog creation can be added too.

But I think, this is mostly future work, because first of all we should make
specifications of interface, it can be like current FileChooser interface.
Moreover, UI change makes some cardinal changes neсessary. For example, there
is need for some subclassing/superclassing in nautilus/src for navigation
windows (current navigation window and selection dialog) for support all this
windows in navigation toolbar and location toolbar. By the way, display
window subclassing can be done at the same time.

But what do nautilus developers think about it?
		Shmyrev.