Re: Updated patch for toggling show hidden files state

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 12:21, Jamie McCracken wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 07:26, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for fixing and committing it too. Your comments are really
> > > helpful as I'm still getting to grips with nautilus (and the yucky corba
> > > interfaces).
> >
> > Yeah, this whole thing would have been so much easier without the
> > corba/bonobo stuff. I will party the day we can get rid of that crap.
>
> I'll second that! I'm kinda hoping d-bus will (eventually?) come with a
> component wrapper so the entire platform can dump corba/bonobo (it would
> also mean we could share components with KDE for our mutual benefit).
> >From what I have read about it, d-bus abstracts the IPC mechanism so it
> should in theory be simple to create an in-process version for
> components too. The only snag is if d-bus is totally async it could be
> tricky adding such a component layer which really must be synchronous
> for reliability. Maybe I'll have to take a look at it once its abi/api
> stable...

dbus isn't intended to replace bonobo. However, given that we're
focusing on being a file manager, and not a generic
plug-any-component-in-but-suck-on-everything browser we really have
little need of out of process components.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an unconventional day-dreaming dog-catcher moving from town to town,
helping folk in trouble. She's a strong-willed punk soap star with an evil
twin sister. They fight crime!