Re: Updated patch for toggling show hidden files state

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 07:26, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 21:52, Jamie McCracken wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 19:48, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > > I've fixed all this but the last one (it required some more changes too)
> > > and commited to HEAD. Thanks a lot for your work!
> >
> > Thanks for fixing and committing it too. Your comments are really
> > helpful as I'm still getting to grips with nautilus (and the yucky corba
> > interfaces).
>
> Yeah, this whole thing would have been so much easier without the
> corba/bonobo stuff. I will party the day we can get rid of that crap.

I'll second that! I'm kinda hoping d-bus will (eventually?) come with a
component wrapper so the entire platform can dump corba/bonobo (it would
also mean we could share components with KDE for our mutual benefit).
>From what I have read about it, d-bus abstracts the IPC mechanism so it
should in theory be simple to create an in-process version for
components too. The only snag is if d-bus is totally async it could be
tricky adding such a component layer which really must be synchronous
for reliability. Maybe I'll have to take a look at it once its abi/api
stable...

jamie.