Re: UI Mockup

ethan zimmerman wrote:

I've just created a mockup of a new UI of the browser.
http://www.ethanzimmerman.com/images/new_nautilus.png

I really think this would be a great improvement over the current
browser and I think it would coexist well with the spatial method too.
Also it is *very* similar to the new file selector which would make
things seem a bit more uniform (I think).

I just joined this list (because of the UI ideas in my mockup) so I'm
not sure of the current state of the "Spatial vs. Browse"
discussion/argument/holy war on this list, but I would be honored if you
would consider/discuss my ideas.
I really like the visual appearence of this look. The only thing I never like in nautilus compared to windows explorer is the triangular openers in front of the folders. The windows look with + and - signs and the vertical lines looks much better in my opinion.

Besides this I hope it is still possible to show the path in an input field. At least optional. It is sometimes nice to be able to edit there.

When a directory contains no files I like the way windows removes the + sign. In nautilus I have to open it to see it is empty.

Besides this the look seems quite polished.

best regards,

Christian