Re: UI Mockup

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 07:12:38PM +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 06:33 -0400, ethan zimmerman wrote:
> > I've just created a mockup of a new UI of the browser.
> > http://www.ethanzimmerman.com/images/new_nautilus.png
>
> This looks rather similar to something Apple have. IIRC, lots of Apple
> geeks have also mentioned how much they dislike it too.

Well, I'm a relatively new apple user (~1year) and I sort of like the
new apple finder.  However, the one difference is that the look of the
default finder window (which ethan approximated in his mockup) is that
that is the 'browser' mode, not the apple 'spatial' mode (which is
accessed by clicking the 'menu' button in the top right, and which looks
pretty much the same as the nautilus spatial mode).  Personally I think
the mockup would work better with the browser buttons along the top and
be used as the browser mode, as it looks less different than spatial
mode than the current browser mode does.

Does that make any sense? :)

> Besides that, are there any patent issues that are related to this look?

Isn't the position something along the lines of "if you don't know,
don't ask"?

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain