Re: date format in list view

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 23:55, Raul Acevedo wrote:
> In list view, the date format takes up way too much space, and because
> it uses whole words for week day and month names, it's also actually
> harder to read at a glance.  I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but
> it's easier to visually parse a list of dates when they are in shorter
> format that looks more like fixed width fields.
>
> Is there a way to change this?  Ideally either Nautilus would
> automatically use a format like "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mi", or I could configure
> it via the List View tab in Preferences or even a GConf key that allows
> me to enter the raw format string.

There is no way currently, but having a date format preference is
probably the right thing to do here. And we should probably change the
default setting to be more 'regular'.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an oversexed voodoo dwarf gone bad. She's an orphaned streetsmart
mercenary from beyond the grave. They fight crime!