Re: [Fwd: Tab browsing]

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 12:39, Enver ALTIN wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 01:58, David Christian Berg wrote:
> > Well that happens to me to sometimes, though other people rarely use my
> > computer not too often.
> > But as for experienced users they are a bliss let's just have an option
> > in the view menu.
>
> Let me ask, how on earth do you think you can drag'n'drop between tabs?
> What are tabs good for in a file manager?

Open up two nautilus windows so that one is somewhat behind the other
(we'll call them A and B). Select a file from the top window (named A)
and drag it over the button on the panel (the window list applet) of the
'hidden' window (named B) and hold it till the count of 3 for the
'hidden' window (B) to come on top again. Now drop onto the on top
window (B).

Think of doing the exact same thing just instead of using the panel, you
use tabs.

I am not saying that using a tabbed file browser is somthing I think
should be added, but in terms of how to DnD between tabs...that isn't
really the difficult part, atleast IMHO.

I dont really think an option in the view menu is really needed either
(if this functionality is added). Behavior simmilar to epiphany should
be good enough  (i.e. dont show tabs, unless more then one tab is open)