Re: new mime detection approach

I see one security flaw with this solution and it is that the user might
be fooled into running trojans and other kind of evil programs. If I
send a user a executable with a .mp3 extension or .gif extension, it is
detected according to the suffix. The user wants to taka a look at it
and double-click the file. Now a sniff is performed and it is detected
it is an executable and the file is run. Do we really want this?

//Snaggen, without a better solution to this complex problem

--
Mattias Eriksson <snaggen acc umu se>