Re: Drag n Drop from Mozilla

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 07:13, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> Been considering implementing a feature to enable a user to drag a link
> from Mozilla into Nautilus and start a download. First idea was to just
> edit the existing DND code in Nautilus to spawn a download manager on
> this event, however, it is much better for the browser to be doing the
> download. The site might have cookies or various other info.
>
> This is my first time even looking at the Nautilus source. Are there any
> "guides" to it? Such as how it's laid out, what functions do what, etc?
> Also, can somebody give me a pointer to where the current DND code that
> creates a .desktop file when a link from Mozilla is dragged into
> Nautilus is at?

Look at docs/nautilus-internals.sxw in the sources.
Also see my recent mail about this on the list:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2004-February/msg00074.html

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an oversexed bohemian romance novelist in a wheelchair. She's an elegant
motormouth wrestler on her way to prison for a murder she didn't commit. They
fight crime!