Drag n Drop from Mozilla

Been considering implementing a feature to enable a user to drag a link
from Mozilla into Nautilus and start a download. First idea was to just
edit the existing DND code in Nautilus to spawn a download manager on
this event, however, it is much better for the browser to be doing the
download. The site might have cookies or various other info.

This is my first time even looking at the Nautilus source. Are there any
"guides" to it? Such as how it's laid out, what functions do what, etc?
Also, can somebody give me a pointer to where the current DND code that
creates a .desktop file when a link from Mozilla is dragged into
Nautilus is at?

Thanks. :0