Re: Invalid Unicode

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:38:35 -0500, William Lovaton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I managed to solve this.  First of all, if you are using a VFAT
> filesystem, use the "utf8" option in fstab.  Something like this:
> /dev/hda1 /mnt/c vfat    user,noauto,utf8        0 0

Quote from my kernel syslog:

| FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT filesystems,
| filesystem will be case sensitive!

The mounted filesystem behaves a bit strange (e.g. touching Ai ai works
fine, touching �� produces an error message).  I know this is not a
GNOME bug, just something to think about...

--
Best Regards,  | This signature is currently under construction.
 Sebastian     | Please check back later!