RE: stretch icon

> None of the uses in this thread are convincing me that this feature
> should stick around.

Visual enhancement (and a way to emphasize some elements) is
enough for me. BTW possibility to 'stretch' icons was one those tiny
details that led me to start using Gnome year ago.

> It sounds like it would just make more sense for the Nautilus View ->
> Zoom In / Zoom Out / Normal Size (and the related keyboard shortcuts) to
> work on the desktop as well as Nautilus windows

Do you mean global setting for desktop icons? Most people (including me)
seems to use 'stretching' on per icon basis.

Vitezslav Kotrla