RE: stretch icon

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 17:08 +0100, Kotrla Vitezslav wrote:
> > One specific example is the disabled class where we expand the trash
> > icon which helps when the need to drag things to the trash.  Students
> > can also resize current high use icons.
>
> Yes, I also use to stretch trash, home and some others for my users.
> It really helps a lot.

I use the stretch icon feature to emulate a kind of sticky notes that
does not get in the way of my work:

I have 2 text files visible on the desktop and skaled the icons to
maximum size. When using the default Gnome icon theme (why does this not
work with other themes?) Nautilus shows the actual content of the text
file in the icon!!

The best nautilus feature ever :)

http://ja-web.de/Screenshots/stretched-icons.jpg

Jens