nauti-flash

Hi,
 I am an undergraduate student in Computer Science and a passionate gnome user.

I was wondering, that it would be fascinating if gnome applications
have interface similar to that of a Flash (game/ application). This is
definitely not about a new theme, but more like applications making
use of opengl for displaying a dynamic  gui, like view change to
thumbnails when a folder with video clips is opened(currently in
nautilus), resizing the window when a message alert appears, zoom
in/out of a window,.. to name a few.

Could someone give me any suggestions,pointers about where to start with.

thanks