Problem with Computer

Hello,

I have FC3 installed and have an odd behavior with nautilus's volume handling. It seems that sometimes nautilus decides not to put the icons of my data partitions (I have 2 fat partitions mounted in /mnt with the users flag and read/writable by all) on the desktop, but instead keeps them in the Computer folder with odd names (like the size of the partition). Note that when the cdrom is mounted is shows up on the desktop as well. And then, sometime, usually long while after I logged in, nautilus will crash or something like that (I hardly shut down my machine, so it could be after a few days, but sometimes less), and then the devices will show up on the desktop with the names of thier mountpoint.

I don't really care what behavior is picked, I would just like it to stay consistant. I would of filed a bug report but I don't know if this is a problem with nautilus, gnome-vfs, gnome-volume-manager, or something else entierly.

Also, how does nautilus/gnomevfs determine if a partition goes on the desktop or not?

And last, where does nautilus/gnomevfs keep the information on my custom mounts (like to an FTP server)?

Thank you
Daniel Brodie