a hidden idea

I'd like to suggest an idea I had regarding working with .hidden files.

Simply put, there should be a hidden:/// vfs module.

Example usage:

Task: I need to hide the file XYZ in a user's home directory

1) In one nautilus window go to hidden:///home/user
2) In another window go to the directory /home/user
3) Drag the file XYZ from the real one into the hidden one

The file isn't moved but just added to the .hidden file in /home/user
and if XYZ should be dragged out of the hidden:/// one of two things
should happen; either XYZ is removed from the /home/user/.hidden or it's
removed from the .hidden _and_ moved to wherever it's been dragged (I'm
undecided on this behaviour, suggestions?).

Of course there could be additional Right-Click menu entr(y|ies),
perhaps "Hide selected" and when in hidden:/// "Show selected".

I've read the gnome vfs tutorial and done some experimentation but, as
I'm not very fluent in C, development is happening /very/ slowly.

If anyone has any suggestions, comments, etc I'd love to hear them.

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kckrinke opendoorsoftware com>
Open Door Software Inc.