non-placed icons not aligned

The previous post about icon alignment twinged me onto something I
noticed the other day.  I have 'keep icons aligned' set on my desktop,
and it seems[1] to work for icons I place on the desktop, but when I
download something from epiphany (for example) to the desktop, it is
placed *mostly* aligned, but doesn't snap to grid as other icons do.

Is this a known bug, known behaviour, or something that should be
filed?

[1] Sometimes I've noticed it will align horizontally, but not
vertically.  This seems a bit.... "odd" to me.  Again, is this known or
a bug?

Alan
--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain